From Hands-On Healing Remedies by Stephanie L. Tourles ($18.95, Storey, 2012)
This aromatic herbal oil helps eliminate the scourge of athlete’s foot and also fights nail fungus. It calms and soothes redness and itching, helps heal infection, and conditions the skin.
15 minutes prep time + 24 hour synergize time Makes approximately 1/2 cup
What You Need
- 30 drops lavender essential oil
- 25 drops tea tree essential oil
- 20 drops thyme essential oil
- 10 drops sage essential oil
- 5 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- 5 drops clove essential oil
- 1/2 c jojoba base oil
What You Do
- Add lavender, tea tree, thyme, sage, cinnamon, and clove essential oils drop by drop directly into a dark glass bottle with a dropper top or screw top.
- Add jojoba base oil.
- Screw top on bottle and shake vigorously for 2 minutes to blend.
- Label bottle and place in a dark location that’s between 60° and 80° for 24 hours so oils can synergize.
To use: Shake well. Make sure feet are dry. Apply a few drops to both feet, even if only one may be affected. Be sure to get some of oil between toes and on toenails, and massage it in thoroughly. Allow oil to sink in for a few minutes before putting on socks or hosiery. You can also massage this oil into both feet just prior to going to the gym or public swimming pool and immediately after showering, before getting dressed. Apply 2 or 3 times per day. Store at room temperature, away from heat and light; use within 2 years.