prep time: 20 minutes | 4 servings
- 1 lb shrimp, 25 count to a pound
- 4 large cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2-3 oz of cognac (you may substitute dry sherry instead)
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon for juice
- In a sauté pan or heavy frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for about one minute or until they begin to brown. Be careful not to burn the garlic!
- Raise the heat to high and add the shrimp, lemon juice, sherry or cognac and paprika. Stir well, then sauté, stirring briskly until the shrimp turn pink and curl – about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer shrimp with oil and sauce to a warm plate or serve right from the pan. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.