From the Taste for Life test kitchen.
- 11/2 Tbsp oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken sausage, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 3 c bite-size pieces gluten-free corn bread*
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 low-sodium chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 375°. Oil a large casserole dish with 1 teaspoon of the oil and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until it begins to brown.
- Add garlic, carrots, celery, and onion to skillet. Cook for about 10 minutes, until vegetables begin to brown.
- Add corn bread and parsley. Slowly pour in stock and stir gently.
- Spread stuffing mixture in an even layer into casserole dish. Bake until heated through, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
*Use a gluten-free corn bread mix to make the corn bread, or use your own favorite gluten-free corn bread recipe.
Per serving: 237 Calories, 10 g Protein, 16 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 14 g Total fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono, 2 g poly), 736 mg Sodium, H Vitamin K, Calcium, Phosphorus