Reprinted with permission from Cook on a Shoestring by Sophie Wright © 2013 Kyle Books. Photo credit Jemma Watts.
20 minutes prep time | Serves 2 to 3
What You Need
- 11 oz salmon, raw or canned
- 1 extra-large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Thai green curry paste *
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Lime wedges
- In a food processor, blend salmon, egg yolk, flour, and curry paste to a coarsely textured paste.
- Divide mixture into six equal portions, shape portions into patties, and place on a baking sheet. You can cover and place them in the fridge while you prepare the salad.
- When ready to serve, heat oil in skillet and add fritters. Pan fry for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Serve with salad and lime wedges.
* This can be purchased premade, or made using this Thai Green Curry Paste recipe. Or add 1 large chile, a 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated, 2 garlic cloves, crushed, the grated zest of 2 limes, and 1/3 c freshly chopped cilantro leaves to food processor. Blend with other fritter ingredients.