Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
Prep: 10 mins Cooking: 60 mins Cooling: 30 mins
Yields: 24 slices (12 slices per loaf)
- 1 ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ c whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ c granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c vegetable oil
- ½ c Greek yogurt
- ½ c orange juice or water
- 1 c sweetened dried, fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe makes two loaves.
For three 8 x 4-inch loaf pans: Prepare as above. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.