The BEST Waffle Recipe
Courtesy of Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 c Traditional Plain Redwood Hill Farm Kefir
- 1/2 c (1 stick) butter - melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c unbleached cake flour (preferred) or unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c pecan meal (optional)
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, kefir, melted butter, and vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients just until smooth.
- Spray your waffle iron with a nonstick cooking spray before preheating it.
- Cook each waffle for 2 to 3 minutes, until the iron stops steaming and waffles are golden.