4 cups (about one 14oz package) shredded coconut
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter (chilled and cut into small pieces)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350
Using a food processor:
2. 3 cups of coconut, sugar, salt, baking powder. Pulse until mixture is fine
3. Add butter and pulse until mixture has a uniform texture.
4. Add vanilla and egg and pulse until the dough just barely begins to pull together.
5. Using a small cookie scoop (or ice-cream) scoop dough into balls and roll in remaining coconut.
6. Bake for 14-18 minutes, or until edges are golden