15 minutes prep time. Makes 2 dozen.
- 1/2 lb dark chocolate (make sure it contains no dairy, gluten, or nuts)
- 1/4 to 1/2 c shredded dried coconut
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat. Add coconut and stir until coated.
- Remove from heat and let cool at room temperature until lukewarm.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before eating.
Test Kitchen Note: If you wish, you can shape the chocolate-coconut mixture to resemble bales of hay instead of dropping them into traditional stacks. Roll in some additional coconut and chill.
From The Wholesome Junk Food Cookbook by Laura Trice ($17.95, Running Press, 2010)