From the Taste for Life test kitchen
25 minutes prep time + chill time | serves 6
- 1 (14 oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 c chopped dairy-free dark chocolate
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/8 c honey
- 1/2 tsp raspberry extract or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whole raspberries, for garnish
- Dairy-free whipped cream, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Arrange 6 small ceramic or ovenproof ramekins in a baking dish with sides at least 2 inches high.
- Whisk coconut milk until smooth over medium heat. Add chocolate and whisk constantly, until mixture is smooth and combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together egg yolks and honey until smooth. Pour milk mixture into egg mixture slowly, whisking constantly to combine the two. Add raspberry or vanilla extract and stir to combine. Evenly divide mixture among six ramekins.
- Place baking dish on middle rack in oven. Pour enough water in baking dish so it comes about K to O of the way up the outside of the ramekins. Bake custards approximately 40 to 45 minutes, until tops are set. (The custards will get firmer when chilled).
- Remove ramekins from oven. Set aside to cool. When cool, place ramekins in fridge and chill for four hours or overnight. Garnish with raspberries and optional whipped cream.
Per serving: 205 Calories, 3 g Protein, 26 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 12 g Total fat (6 g sat, 4 g mono, 1 g poly), 42 mg Sodium, Good source of Copper, Iodine, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Selenium