Recipe provided by Itsy Bitsy Foodies
2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
2 cups eggnog
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1) In a large saucepan, beat the eggs, milk and sugar until well blended.
2) Cook the egg mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. It should smoothly coat the back of a wooden spoon. It will take about 20 minutes.
3) Let the mixture cool.
4) Add the eggnog, vanilla and nutmeg.
5) Stir until blended and refrigerate the mixture until it is completely chilled, for several hours or up to overnight.
6) Following the instructions of your ice cream maker, pour the chilled mixture into your machine and stir it until the ice cream forms. It will typically be more like soft-serve when you first make it.
If you want firmer ice cream, transfer it to a sealed container and let it freeze for several hours until it hardens.
*Recipe makes 1 quart of ice cream.