Fair-Trade Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
25 minutes prep time |Serves 12
- 8 oz dark chocolate* (at least 60% cocoa content), roughly chopped
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c sugar*
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c coconut oil*, softened
- 1 c finely grated zucchini
- Confectioner’s sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12 cupcake tins with paper or foil. In a double boiler over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate. Stir and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut oil.
- Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the melted chocolate. Fold in the grated zucchini until evenly distributed.
- Spoon into prepared baking cups. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake’s center comes out clean. Let cool in cupcake tins 10 minutes; remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar if desired.
*Look for Fair Trade–certified varieties of this product.