Number of Servings:
Courtesy of American Egg Board.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, pureed,
- 1/2 cup berries and chopped pineapple reserved for garnish
- In a small saucepan, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pineapple juice until thoroughly blended. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Stir a little of the hot mixture into the eggs, then pour egg mixture back into the hot mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and stir until mixture bubbles, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and chopped pineapple
- Spoon into six 6-ounce custard cups or gelatin molds. Freeze several hours or overnight.
- To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons blueberry puree onto each plate and gently place un-molded frosties in center.
- Garnish with a few whole blueberries & chopped pineapple, if desired.