Perfect for a parfait.
3 c old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 c whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 c pure maple syrup
1/3 c organic canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c raisins
Plain Greek yogurt
Fresh fruit of your choice
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together syrup, oil, and vanilla. Add this to the oat mixture, stirring well to coat.
- Spread granola across prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with raisins.
- Using a large spoon, mix raisins and granola well, breaking up any lumps.Return granola to oven and continue baking for 20 minutes more.
- Allow granola to cool completely. It may be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
- For each parfait, place 1/2 cup of plain, nonfat yogurt in a bowl with 1/2 cup of granola.
- Add fresh, sliced peaches, raspberries, or other fruit. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 219 Calories, 5 g Protein, 30 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 9 g Total fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono, 2 g poly), 2 mg Sodium, Manganese, Vitamin K, Zinc