Your grandma’s traditional rice pudding gets a makeover with this Thai-inspired recipe. Lundberg Family Farms’ new Black Pearl rice blends beautifully with coconut milk to create this delicious treat. Serve it warm or cold and top with your favorite fruit.
Makes 5 servings, 1 c per serving
Vegan & Gluten Free
- 1 ¼ cLundberg Family Farms Black Pearl Rice
- 2 ½ c water
- ¼ c orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ c sugar
- Seasonal fresh fruit
- Put the water, orange juice, zest, and Lundberg Black Pearl Rice into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered for 45 minutes (or until water is absorbed).
- Stir in the coconut milk and sugar and simmer for approximately 15 additional minutes, uncovered.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Top with diced seasonal fruit.
Nutritionals: (Per 1 cup of pudding) Calories: 360; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 15g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 20mg; Total Carbohydrates: 48g; Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 12g