A simple, healthy, homemade granola you can eat as a crunchy snack. Or add milk and warm it up for a delicious warm cereal.
8 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup fine wheat bran
1 cup oat bran
1 cup flax seed (ground)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
l 1/4 cup canola oil
1 1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup dried fruit
1. Put oatmeal in 13x9 oblong baking pan.
2. Heat at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes
3. Mix together all dry ingredients, except dried fruit.
4. Put oil, honey and vanilla in 4 cup container.
5. Mix dry ingredients with oatmeal.
6. Pour liquid over dry ingredients and stir well.
7. Place in oven for 5 minutes.
8. Take out of oven and stir well.
9. Place in oven for 5 minutes.
10. Take out of oven and stir well.
11. Turn off oven but place pan in oven for 5 minutes.
12. Take out of oven and stir well and let cool.
13. Add dried fruit. Stir well.
14. Pack in plastic bags and freeze if so desired.
This looks complicated but it really isn't. It is very healthy. It has been our breakfast for many years. My son takes it to work for a snack. After putting in milk it can be a hot cereal by placing it in the microwave.