Fruity Almond Oat Bars
From the Taste for Life test kitchen
10 minutes prep time serves 20
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 c quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c sliced almonds
- 10 Tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 c of your favorite fruit jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 375° and lightly mist an 11x7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, oats, sugar, and almonds until well combined.
- With your fingers, work butter into flour mixture until well combined and mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1/3 cup of this mixture.
- Spread remaining flour mixture into the bottom of the prepared dish. Spread jam evenly over flour mixture. Sprinkle reserved 1/3 cup of flour mixture over jam.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool and cut into 20 bars.