What You Need
- 2 c pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 c raw nut or seed butter (almond, cashew, sesame tahini, sunflower)
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Soaking water, as needed
- Soak dates for at least 4 hours in water.
- Drain dates, reserving the soak water.
- Add dates to a food processor along with all other ingredients, except soaking water.
- Blend on high until dates are smooth. Add soaking water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached (for a sauce to pour or drizzle, add more water).
- Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to a week.