From the Taste for Life test kitchen
35 minutes prep time Makes 1 head of roasted garlic
1 head of garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Peel away any extra outer papery white layers. Leave white layers of the individual garlic cloves intact and keep each individual clove attached to the garlic head.
2. Cut off top 1/2 inch of garlic head to expose tops of cloves.
3. Place garlic head on large square of aluminum foil. Pour a drizzle of olive oil over top of exposed cloves, making sure each clove is properly coated. Wrap aluminum foil around garlic head to cover completely. Place on baking sheet.
4. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until cloves are soft when pressed with a fork. Allow garlic to cool.
5. Using your fingers or a cocktail fork, pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their individual skins. Mash with a fork and spread on toasted bread or use as a topping for baked potatoes.