- 1 large eggplant
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 c part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 15 oz. spaghetti sauce
- Peel and thinly slice eggplant.
- Beat together 3 eggs with 2 Tbsp water to create an egg wash.
- Heat enough oil in a skillet to cover the bottom.
- Dip slices of eggplant in egg wash and place in skillet, browning on each side.
- Place browned eggplant on paper towel to drain.
- Cover the bottom of a 13x9x2, or lasagna pan, with spaghetti sauce. Place browned eggplant in pan, layering with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. You should have 3 or 4 layers in all.
- Cover top layer with sauce, then add mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered in 375 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove cover and let the cheese brown slightly.
TIP: This can be made a day ahead and stored in fridge before baking