- 15 ounces EDEN Chili Beans (seasoned dark red kidney), 1 can, do not drain
- 1 cup any EDEN Whole Tomatoes, chopped, do not drain
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a 10 inch pie plate or casserole dish, combine the beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, onion, cilantro, and parsley.
- To prepare the cornbread, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and sea salt in a mixing bowl and set aside. Mix thoroughly.
- In a measuring cup, combine the EDENSOY, oil, vinegar and maple syrup. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes until thick like buttermilk.
- Pour the EDENSOY mixture into the dry ingredients, and stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter over the bean mixture.
- Bake until cake tester inserted into the cornbread topping comes out dry, about 30 minutes.
Per serving - 249 calories, 5 gram fat (17% calories from fat), 10 gram protein, 44 gram carbohydrate, 7 gram fiber, 0 milligram cholesterol, 365 milligram sodium