20 minutes prep | 20 minutes rest | 5 minutes cooking time
3 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 c of water
Additional 1/4 c flour for kneading and dusting
Special equipment: a pasta machine
Making the dough:
1. Using your hands or mixer: Mix dry ingredients. Incorporate eggs and add water slowly, mixing until dough begins to form a ball.
2. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
3. Wrap dough in wax paper and let stand 1 hour.
Making the pasta:
Cut dough into 4 equal pieces.
2. Form the first piece of dough into a rectangle and feed through the smooth rollers of a pasta machine, on widest setting. Repeat twice.
3. Turn the dial to narrower setting and feed dough through rollers again. Flour if needed.
4. Repeat, making each pass narrower until you've reached second-to-last narrowest setting.
5. Flour the thin pasta sheet, and roll through the cutting rollers. Or lay on floured surface and hand cut.
6. Repeat on remaining 3 pieces of dough.
Cooking the fresh pasta:
1. Bring 1 gallon of water and 1 Tbsp of salt to a boil
2. Add fresh pasta and cook for 3-5 minutes.