Recipe Provided by: Itsy Bitsy Foodies
This pasta dish is a great way to turn leftover salmon into a new meal and to sneak omega 3′s into your diet.
6-8 ounces of salmon, cooked
4 cups whole wheat linguine or spaghetti noodles, cooked
1/2 of a tomato, chopped
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Dash of salt, to taste
Dash of black pepper, to taste
Dash of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
A couple squirts of lemon juice
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1) Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package.
2) To remove the skin from the uncooked salmon, sear the salmon on high heat, with the skin down in oil, for 15-20 seconds.
3) Immediately remove the fish so that the meat does not cook.
4) At this point, you should be able to easily remove the skin.
5) Finish by scraping away the thin layer of dark fatty meat that was underneath the skin.
6) To cook the salmon, place it on a broiling pan. If you like your salmon rare, broil it for 3 1/2 – 4 minutes on each side. Otherwise broil it for 4-5 minutes on each side, until the salmon flakes and is done.
7) Flake the fish into small pieces.
** If you are using leftover salmon, simply flake the cooked fish into small pieces.
8) Toss all of the ingredients together and continue seasoning the pasta to taste.
9) Serve the pasta chilled or warm.