4 sweet dumpling squashes
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup finely chopped white onion (1 small onion)
¼ cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
¼ cup dates, coarsely chopped (6-8 whole dates)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup cooked quinoa
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Optional: cheese and green onions
1) Preheat oven to 375°F
2) Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
3) Oil a large baking dish
4) Place squash face-down and bake until tender (25-30 minutes) You should be able to pierce through skin and flesh easily
5) Fill squash centers with quinoa stuffing. Using same baking pan, cover filled squash with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
1) Sauté onions in olive oil until tender and translucent
2) Add pistachios, dates and cinnamon. Saute until heated through (another 2 minutes)
3) Stir in the cooked quinoa
4) Season with salt and pepper
Tip: Garnish with your favorite cheese or extra pistachios and green onions.