Number of Servings:
- 6 potatoes
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 8 oz. shredded vegan cheddar cheese (try Follow Your Heart brand)
- 1/8 c soy bacon bits (try Bac-Os)
- 4 Tbsp thinly sliced scallions
- Soy sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake until soft, approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and cut in half vertically. Scoop out the inside, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- Heat oil to 365°F in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan. Fry potato shells for 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Fill potato shells with the "cheese" and soy bacon bits. Arrange on prepared baking pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the "cheese" has melted.
- Top with sliced scallions and the soy sour cream, if desired.