Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 25 minutes
- 2 very ripe plantains
- 1 Tbsp of oil (coconut oil, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 400º Fahrenheit.
- Cut your plantains diagonally into slices about ½" thick.
- Place the plantain slices in a bowl, add the oil, and toss them gently to coat them.
- Arrange the plantain slices on a baking sheet and place on the middle rack of the oven once it's heated.
- Cook for 15 minutes then carefully flip the plantains with a pair of tongs.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until you're happy with the level of caramelization on both sides.
- For super delicious plantains, turn on the broiler when the plantains have about 5 more minutes of baking left. Keep a careful eye on them and remove them from the oven when the tops are looking nice and caramelized, even if the 5 minutes isn't quite up.
- Enjoy fresh and hot!