What you need:
- 1-1/2 lb broccoli (or broccolini) washed
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/2 c pecan pieces
- 1/2 fresh lemon, optional
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
What you do:
- Trim and discard the bottom inch of the broccoli stems.
- Drop into a large pot of lightly salted boiling water.
- Return to a boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, just until the stems are tender-crisp.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
- Gently mix in raisins and pecan pieces.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the broccolini mixture.
- Mix gently, adding one or two squeezes of fresh lemon juice, if using. Serve warm or cold