From The Essential Low Fat Cookbook by Antony Worrall Thompson ($35, Kyle Books, 2012)
25 minutes prep time Serves 4
What You Need:
- 1 (14 oz) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 mild long red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed to a paste with a little sea salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 16 cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled
- 2 handfuls of arugula leaves
What You Do:
- Heat beans with a little salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and then tip into a bowl.
- While still warm, combine beans with olive oil, lemon juice and zest, honey, pepper, and chili.
- Allow to cool and then combine with remaining ingredients.
Kitchen Note: Feel free to change the beans to flageolet or kidney beans, the shrimp to cooked skinless chicken, and the arugula to watercress or Belgian endive.
Per Serving: 130 calories, 3.7 g Fat, 0.7 g saturated fat, 4.3 g sugar, 3.6 g fiber, 0.9 g salt