Makes 2 cups of filling, yields about 4 wraps.
- 1 1/2 c cooked or 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c blanched almonds (easy to do yourself, see instructions below)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp kelp powder
- 1/2 c minced celery
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1/4 plus 1 Tbsp Organic Vegenaise®
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- If you wish, add: fresh or dried parsley, a bit of dried dill, red pepper flakes
- In a food processor, pulse chickpeas and almonds until coarsely chopped (add a drizzle of olive oil or teaspoon of water if needed for processing).
- Add lemon juice and kelp powder. Blend until well combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add celery, onion, soy mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, herbs. Mix well. Tip: If it's too dry, add more mayo!
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour before serving.
- For wraps: Spread wrap thinly with a bit of the mayo and mustard. Place filling near the bottom of the wrap, add spinach leaves, and some ground pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, and wrap
Instructions for Blanched Almonds
- Boil water, add raw almonds, cook for 2 minutes, drain, let cool, peel.