- 1 Tbsp and 1 3/4 tsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 c chicken stock
- 2 bunches collard greens - rinsed, trimmed and chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-heat. Add garlic and gently sauté.
2. Add collard greens and fry until they start to wilt.
3. Add chicken stock, salt and pepper. Turn heat to low-medium and simmer greens for 45 minutes, until greens are tender. Stir occasionally.
4. Drain greens, reserving liquid. Mix in red pepper flakes if desired.
TIP: For a vegetarian/vegan option use 2 c of vegetable stock instead of chicken stock