Recipe inspired by Martha Stewart!
What You Need
- 1 jalapeno chili pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 ears fresh corn shucked
- 1/4 c lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 (15 oz) can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely choped
- 1/4 c finely chopped organic red onion
- 1/2 tsp minced organic garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
What You Do
- Heat grill to medium hot. Place peppers on grill and cook, turning, until skin blackens. 5 to 10 minutes for jalapeno and 10 to 15 minutes for red pepper.
- Place grilled peppers in a brown paper bag, let stand about 10 minutes. Remove peppers from bag. Peel away and discard charred skin. Rinse your fingers from time to time under cool running water if necessary but do not rinse the peppers. Remove and discard stems and seeds.
- Mince jalapeno and transfer to large bowl
- Cut red pepper into 1/4-inch pieces, add to jalapeno, and set aside.
- Place ears of corn directly on grill. Cook until brown and tender, turning often, about 10 minutes. Remove from grill, and let cool slightly. Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the cob; add to peppers.
- Add lime juice, black beans, parsley, red onion, garlic, olive oil, and cayenne to corn and pepper mixture, and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve.