15 minutes prep time | Makes about 3 c
What You Need
- 1 c chopped vegetables (mix and match zucchinis, bell peppers, onions, garlic, leeks, broccoli, tomatoes, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp garlic granules
- 2 to 4 Tbsp low-sodium sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/4 c fresh chopped herbs (mix and match basil, oregano, sage, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper (optional)
- 1 (16 oz.) can of tomato sauce or tomato puree (no-salt, no-salt-added, or low-sodium varieties)
- Sprigs of parsley or cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot or skillet over medium heat, sauté vegetables and garlic with sun-dried tomatoes for a few minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add herbs, chipotle, if using, and tomato sauce or puree. Reduce to simmer. Stir constantly until sauce is well-blended and hot.
- Garnish and serve right away or refrigerate and use within three days.
Per 1-cup serving: 87 Calories, 4 g Protein, 20 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 0.5 g Total fat, 79 mg Sodium. Excellent source of Vitamin C. Good source of Vitamin A, Copper, and Potassium.