- 1 large zucchini cut lengthwise into strips about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded & cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Non-Dairy cream cheese
- 1 tsp basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brush zucchini strips with olive oil & grill until tender, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Mix basil, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil into the non-dairy cream cheese
- Spread cheese mixture onto each strip of zucchini.
- Add roasted red pepper to top of cheese mixture (see easy roasting directions below)
- Gently roll the zucchini strips length wise (careful to not roll to tight!)
- Place each on a serving platter & serve immediately.
How to roast a red pepper: wash and gently dry the red pepper. Place the pepper on a hot grill or in a hot oven. Turn every few minutes until the skin is blackened all over (about 15 minutes). Remove from grill and place in a sealed container and let it steam for about 5 minutes. Remove the skin (this should be easy after it steams) and slice into strips, discarding seeds and membranes.