3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cups vegetable broth
2 tbsp flour
1 cup vegan non-dairy sour cream substitute
1 cup soy milk
salt and pepper to taste
1) In a large soup or stock pot, sautee the mushrooms, onion and garlic in olive oil for 3 - 5 minutes, until onions are soft.
2) Reduce heat to medium low and add the vegetable broth.
3) Cover and allow to simmer for at least 45 minutes.
4) Add the flour, non-dairy sour cream and soy milk, stirring well to combine.
5) Allow to simmer another 20 - 30 minutes, or until soup has thickened.
6) Season generously with salt and pepper before serving.