- 1 pound beets (beetroot), peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 medium onions, sliced into half-moons
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 white cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sour cream (optional)
- Finely chopped parsley for garnish
1. Peel and cut the onions, carrots, and beets and sauté over medium heat in the olive oil with a pinch of salt in a large soup pot.
2. Bring the vegetable stock to a boil.
3. Add the shredded cabbage and the hot stock to the softened vegetables.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer 15-25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve with freshly grated black pepper, a dollop of sour cream, and chopped parsley, if desired.