Try this soup from the Taste for Life test kitchen
- 6 c low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 c orzo
- 2 cooked chicken-breast halves, shredded
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 c fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Place the broth and orzo in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Add the chicken. Remove the soup from heat and cover.
- In a separate bowl: Whisk the eggs and lemon juice in a medium bowl until frothy.
- Slowly add 1 cup hot chicken broth to the lemon and eggs, whisking continually.
- Slowly stir the warmed eggs into the soup.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Serve immediately with a slice of lemon.
The key is to SLOWLY mix the broth and eggs so that the eggs do not scramble.