The Detox Strategy
- 12 c filtered water
- 8 c chopped and mixed organic vegetables
- such as burdock root, red beet, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, any sea vegetables, daikon, turnip, parsnips, shiitake mushrooms, and garlic (whole bulb)
- Fresh herbs and spices
- such as cilantro, ginger, cayenne pepper, lemon grass, parsley, oregano, and fennel
- Add water, veggies, and herbs to large stockpot. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for a few hours.
- Strain through a sieve or fine-mesh filter bag, often referred to as a nut milk bag.
- Drink warm 2 to 3 cups a day with meals or in between.
Store in refrigerator in glass container with tight-fitting lid for up to 5 days.