From Skinny Soups by Kathryn Bruton ($19.95, Kyle Books, 2017)
- 2 1/2 c low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 c frozen peas
- 1 1/4 c basil, leaves picked
- 1 c mint, leaves picked
- Salt and pepper
- Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- Sauté onion in oil and 1 tablespoon water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add peas, followed by boiling broth, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add herbs, blend until smooth, and season to taste.
Kitchen Note: For an Asian twist, add some chili flakes when cooking the onion, and substitute the basil with Thai basil.
Per serving: 193 Calories, 13 g Protein, 30 g Carbohydrates, 9 g Fiber, 3 g Total fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono, 1 g poly), 395 mg Sodium, HHHHH Vitamin C, K, Manganese, HHHH Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Copper, HHH Vitamin A, B3 (niacin), Phosphorus, HH Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B6, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Molybdenum, Zinc, H Potassium