From Grilling Vegan Style by John Schlimm ($20, Da Capo Press, 2012)
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium-size bowl, combine all marinade ingredients, mixing well.
- Combine your choice of tofu, tempeh, or seitan (cut as desired) and marinade in a nonreactive container, mixing well.
- Refrigerate mixture, covered, for several hours to overnight, turning tofu, tempeh, or seitan occasionally. Grill according to approximate times and methods described.