In Partnership with Food for Life
Number of Servings:
- 1 medium butternut squash (1 1/2 - 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 small bunch lacinato kale, ribs removed, shredded (about 4 c lightly packed)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 loaf Food For LifeⓇ Gluten Free Sprouted For Life bread, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 c vegetable broth
- 4 ounces Gruyère cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Lightly grease a 9x13" baking pan and set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, toss to combine squash, onion, oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper, and spread in a single layer. Bake until squash is tender and browned, 20-25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, sage, bread cubes, 1/2 tsp salt, and squash mixture. Transfer to prepared pan, pour broth evenly over the top, and sprinkle with cheese. Loosely cover with foil and bake 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake until stuffing is browned, about 10 minutes more.