By Isaac Eliaz, MD, LAc
Most men (and women) need a nutritional boost beyond healthy diet alone. High-quality supplements supply extra vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other compounds to support health and vitality.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids—The body doesn’t manufacture omega-3 fats, so we have to get them through diet or supplements. Omega 3s lower triglycerides, benefiting heart health, and may also help fight prostate cancer.
- Vitamin D—Supports calcium balance to prevent arthritis and osteoporosis. It also reduces blood pressure, boosts immunity, and strengthens muscles and bones. Testing your levels is important.
- L-Carnitine—In addition to burning fat, L-carnitine supports heart health and immunity. It may also increase sperm count.
- Quercetin—An antioxidant bioflavonoid that protects DNA and helps fight prostate cancer.
- Magnesium—Benefits cardiovascular and musculoskeletal health, regulates blood sugar, and detoxifies the body.
- Resveratrol—A powerful antioxidant, resveratrol protects against age-associated diseases such as prostate cancer, Type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s.
- Modified Citrus Pectin (MCP)—A specific type of citrus pectin, MCP controls galectin-3, a protein associated with inflammation, heart disease, and cancer. Clinical studies also show that MCP fights prostate cancer and safely removes heavy metals from the body.
- Maitake Mushrooms—High in beta glucans, vitamin D, and other compounds, maitake mushrooms support immunity, energy, digestion, and healthy blood sugar. Can help prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Green Tea—Compounds in green tea boost immunity, fight prostate cancer, and help protect cardiovascular health.
- Garlic Extract—Garlic benefits the heart, fights infection, and supports the immune system. May also control blood pressure.
“Clinical Benefit in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors Treated with Modified Citrus Pectin: A Prospective Pilot Study” by M. Azemar, et al., Clinical Medicine Insights: Oncology, 2007