DIY Hand Sanitizer
Want to avoid the chemicals and alcohol often found in commercially produced hand sanitizers?
Dr. Lawrence Rosen, an integrative pediatrician, recommends this homemade version as a safe and effective alternative.
- 3 oz. filtered water
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel
- 10 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 10 drops clove essential oil
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 20 drops lemon oil
- Mix ingredients in a 4-oz spray dispenser and shake gently.
- Spray on hands, and massage for about 30 seconds. The result is a natural, chemical-free hand sanitizer to keep germs at bay.
About the author
Lawrence D. Rosen, MD, practices primary care at the Whole Child Center in Oradell, NJ, and is a nationally recognized expert in pediatric integrative medicine. He is also a founding member and chair-elect of the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Complementary and Integrative Medicine. Together with Jeff Cohen he authored Treatment Alternatives for Children: Reduce Serious Side Effects With Natural Equivalents to Conventional Remedies for Common Childhood Ailments.