Prep: 10 minutes Servings: 2-20 depending on how large cut
- 1 c quinoa flakes
- 1 c brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/3 c (or 1 scoop) of protein powder
- 1/4 c organic flaxseeds
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c raw honey
- 1/2 c almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or stevia
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips, dairy free or vegan carob
- 1/4 cup of coconut flakes
- In a large bowl, mix flakes, brown rice crisp, protein powder, flaxseeds, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place honey and almond butter in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until warm and easily stirred. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture and mix well with a spoon.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly. Lightly wet your hands and press the mixture into a thin layer. I prefer the thin bars so I can also use them as a low-calorie snack. Trim the sides.
- Melt the chocolate. Pour mixture over crust. Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes until the chocolate sets. Cut into small rectangular bars and store in refrigerator. Delicious!
Calories: larger bars, 204
Fat: 9.4 g
Protein: 8.2 g
Carbohydrates: 24.6 g