Reprinted with permission from EAT WHAT YOU LOVE EVERYDAY © 2014 by Marlene Koch, Running Press, a member of the Perseus Books Group.
3 minutes prep time Serves 4
Don’t be tempted to toss this salad like a traditional mixed salad. Drizzling the dressing over the vibrantly colored tomato-avocado mix is essential to keep it looking fresh.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 11/2 tsp granulated sugar, optional
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch salt
- 3 c shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 c chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 c chopped avocado (about 1 small avocado)
- 1/4 c chopped green onions, green and white parts
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- For the dressing: Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the salad: Place lettuce on a large platter. Arrange tomatoes and avocado over lettuce. Sprinkle with green onions and chopped cilantro. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.