Slow Cooked Curry Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - diced
- 1/2 c chopped carrot
- 1/3 c raisins
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 thin slices of fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 3/4 c chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- jasmine rice - cooked separately
- Rinse, dry, and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the chicken to lightly brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker and top with carrots, raisins, and shallots.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine and pour over chicken.
- Turn slow cooker to High and cook for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
- Serve over jasmine rice.