Number of Servings:
4 to 6
Coming Home: A Seasonal Guide to Creating Family Traditions by Rosanne Bowles
- 1 bunch arugula
- ½ c pine nuts
- ¾ pound fresh mozzarella in small balls
- ¼ c extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Wash the arugula well to remove all sand and dirt. Spin or gently pat dry and set aside in a large bowl.
- Put the pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes, watching closely so they do not burn, until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Add the mozzarella and pine nuts to the arugula and drizzle with oil. Toss the salad so that all the ingredients are lightly coated with oil, then season lightly with salt to taste. Serve immediately.
*Variation: If you love vine-ripened tomatoes, quarter at least four, cut into bite-sized pieces, and add them to the recipe.