- 2 bunches beet greens, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add beet greens and cook uncovered until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, then immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process.
- Drain well and chop.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir about 1 minute until pepper is fragrant.
- Stir in greens and gently toss until evenly coated with oil and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.