Get involved with nature with this craft from Hands On As We Grow. This craft is perfect to do with kids, as it encourages them to explore outside. Make a suncatcher windchime and display your art in your garden or on your front porch!
What You Need
- Nature items - flowers, leaves, etc.
- Contact paper
- Marker or pen
- Rings from Mason jar lids
- Hemp cord or string
- A sturdy stick
What to Do
- Cut a small piece of contact paper and trace the Mason jar rings onto the contact paper side (not the part you peel off). Trace as many as you have rings for.
- Peel the backing off the contact paper and tap onto the surface, sticky side up.
- Fill in the circles with all of your awesome nature items!
- Add another piece of contact paper over the top. Press them as flat as you can - sticking it wherever you can.
- Cut out the circles.
- Tie a knot around the rings using the hemp cord or string.
- Push the suncatcher circles into the ring. Taping may not be necessary.
- Tie the other end of the hemp cord or string to a stick for hanging.