Maintaining your eyesight can be as easy (and tasty) as enhancing your diet. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends adding these foods to your menu.
- Nutrient-rich kale can offer protection against sunlight damage, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
- Sweet potatoes, an excellent source of beta carotene, may lower the risk of macular degeneration.
- Vitamin C-rich strawberries may protect against cataracts.
- Salmon, loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, can soothe dry eyes and reduce the risk of macular degeneration.
- Antioxidant-laden green tea appears to protect against macular degeneration and cataracts.