- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper
- Cook sweet potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until halfway cooked, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool. (This step can be done 1 day ahead if sweet potatoes are kept covered and refrigerated.)
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, combine cider, sugar, butter, nutmeg, and allspice. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Add potatoes and reduce heat so liquid is simmering. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cranberries and continue cooking until liquid is reduced to a syrupy glaze and potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. (If glaze becomes very thick before potatoes become tender, thin with a small amount of cider.) When potatoes are tender, transfer to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour remaining glaze over potatoes and serve.
Per serving: 155 Calories, 1 g Protein, 30 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 4 g Total fat (3 g sat), 223 mg Sodium, ★★★ Vitamin A