- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups quartered button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 2 to 3 Tbsp torn fresh cilantro
- Place a rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine oil, carrots, parsnips, onion, mushrooms, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; toss to coat. Spread vegetables on baking pan. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Make four indentations in the hash and carefully break an egg into each indentation. Roast until egg whites are set, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Top with cilantro and serve.
A combo of carrots, parsnips, red onion, and mushrooms spiced with cumin, smoked paprika, and chili powder provides a “nest” for eggs roasted just until the whites are set. The yolks are still creamy and provide a rich “sauce” for the veggies.
333 Calories, 14 g Protein, 28 g Carbohydrates, 8 g Fiber, 19 g Total fat (4 g sat), 479 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin A, K, ★★★★ Vitamin C, Phosphorus, ★★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), ★★ Vitamin B6, E, Potassium, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B3 (niacin), B12, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc